Races require a large number of volunteers to be well organized, safe and fun. We rely on volunteerism to keep our entry fees as low as possible, and we are truly proud of the volunteer staff that we have! If you would like to volunteer at the race read on!
Race jobs vary from working with registration to helping with post-race food distribution. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Sue Stensrud at firstname.lastname@example.org Below you'll find a description of some of the volunteer jobs we have.
Pre-Race Day Volunteers:
- Visit local Rogers businesses to obtain sponsors for the race
- Walk in the Rockin' Rogers Parade to advertise the race and hand out flyers
- Go to other local races and put flyers on windshields
Race Day Volunteers:
- Help set up registration, timing, race course, water stations, and race site
- Direct pre-race parking
- Guide athletes through the registration process
- Assist with race number, t-shirt and packet distribution
- Accept race-day registrations and payments
- Take pictures throughout the morning of the race
- Help control traffic and spectators, make sure racers stay on course. Must be 18 or older.
- Distribute water to race participants on the course
Finish Line Assistants (People Movers)
- Maintain the flow of runners through the finish area.
Food & Refreshments
- Set up and serve beverages and food to racers and volunteers.
- Assist the timing team with various timing functions, i.e., number recording, race timers, etc.
- Help with post-race clean up and organization
"You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."
- John Bunyon